Groovy Script to restrict issue view

German_Fernandez February 20, 2014

Dear all

i have one project with a multiselect custom field and according to the selection on that field i need only a group can view issues, is it possible with script-runner?

Im not a java programmer, would you pls help me or at least give me a hint to solve this.

thx so much for your help and support

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2014

Or define 4 security levels, and use a post-function to set the correct security level. You could either modify this built-in script, or use it 4 times, one for each group of countries.

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

You could implement a listener which reacts on changes of your multiselect custom field and write the corresponding user groups to another multi user group custom field which you use in a security level which must be set for theses issues.

0 votes

HI Henning, thx for your time

we manage issues for 16 countries on southamerica, my multiselect text field have the 16 countries. i have only 4 IT Managers (1 per group of countries) andhave to give visibilty only to their own developments, so they can see only the developments to their own countries and not the whole project; and i have to see them all. is it possible?

again, thx for your time

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2014
0 votes

HI Henning, thx for your time

we manage issues for 16 countries on southamerica, my multiselect text field have the 16 countries. i have only 4 IT Managers (1 per group of countries) andhave to give visibilty only to their own developments, so they can see only the developments to their own countries and not the whole project; and i have to see them all. is it possible?

again, thx for your time

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Is it a multiselect text field? What is the logic on how you want to decide who should be able to view the issue, in other words how to you get from your multiselect field to the groups which have browse project permission?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events