(Groovy) How to get JIRA base URL into a custom email?

I'm writing a custom email template for a workflow post function. The requirement is to send an email having some custom content (which is different from the JIRA default email template) once a particular workflow transition has been executed.

In this email I need to include the URL for the issue which is being transitioned. As per the following resolved question, I tried to include the base URL but it did not work.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/83904/solved-get-baseurl-field

<%
def baseurl = ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl")
%>
Click here: $baseurl/browse/$issue

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Many thanks!

--

Shaakunthala

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

in JIRA4, try this:

ComponentManager.getInstance().getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl")

Hi Jobin,

It also didn't work. In the meantime I checked JIRA email template VMs to see how it has been referred. It's just $baseurl in VMs, but does not work in Groovy.

Thanks!

bit strange. Any error?

Following is the error,

2012-09-20 06:02:53,561 TP-Processor6 ERROR shaakunthala 362x332x1 1mokv3q 172.25.94.211 /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin] Error executing post-function
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: ComponentManager for class: groovy.tmp.templates.GStringTemplateScript1

Stacktrace attached. (groovy_error.txt)

Following is the error.

2012-09-20 06:02:53,561 TP-Processor6 ERROR shaakunthala 362x332x1 1mokv3q 172.25.94.211 /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin] Error executing post-function
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: ComponentManager for class: groovy.tmp.templates.GStringTemplateScript1

Attaching the stacktrace....

Looks like you don't have import for ComponentManager?

Small correction: In workflow post function what I tried is to assign it to a variable, $baseurl = ....... (not to return)

I haven't done it earlier. But now when I tried with the following code, it still did not work.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
return ComponentManager.getInstance().getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl")

Another thing I noticed is, it works in the Script Runner (/secure/admin/groovy/GroovyRunner.jspa).

Thanks Jobin! It worked. I think I made a mistake during my previous testing. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

349 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you