Greenhopper - some users seeing JIRA Server Error when clicking on Agile menu, some are not.

Ted Carter March 5, 2013

A few of our staff are seeing the following message when clicking on the GreenHopper Agile Menu:

"The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."

However, of the five people who have checked for me this morning, two see the message and the other three do not. I cannot find a pattern - the issue appears across multiple browsers for the two seeing the error, and not in any browser for the rest.

Where do I go from here?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

you'll need to post logs. With out the specific error it is hard to troubleshoot.

Ted Carter March 5, 2013

The solution Sulfadli pointed me to seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

0 votes
Ted Carter March 5, 2013

() Log file. I hope - not sure what is happening with the add text file option here.

0 votes
Ted Carter March 5, 2013

Here is the log info (attached)

0 votes
Ted Carter March 5, 2013

We do not have logging turned on due to bloat issues. I've had the folks seeing the issue clear their browser caches and try again, and they're still seeing it.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2013

Indeed, you can compare if there is any similar stack trace with this KB article.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Did you loook into the log file? Perhaps there is a hint?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events