Greenhopper cannot start after upgrading to JIRA 5.2

ryan@thecloud.net.nz November 15, 2012

Hi,

After upgrading our JIRA install to 5.2, Greenhopper will not longer start. I have tried a fresh install of Greenhopper however it crashes.

The log file shows the following:

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira [107]: Unable to resolve 107.0: missing requirement [107.0] package; (&(package=javax.xml.parsers)(version>=0.0.0.1_006_JavaSE)(version<=0.0.0.1_006_JavaSE))
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1709)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:892)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:417)
2012-11-16 17:06:10,072 ajp-bio-8009-exec-1 ERROR ryan 1026x1075x1 181jnsi 10.50.50.91 /secure/RapidStart.jspa [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher] Exception thrown from action 'RapidStart', returning 404
WebworkConfigurationNotFoundException{class=class webwork.config.XMLActionConfiguration, message='No such view mapping', name='RapidStart.actionInfo'}

Is there some way to resolve the dependancy without having to reinstall JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ryan@thecloud.net.nz November 19, 2012

The issue was that between installing Jira and upgrading to the latest version of Jira, I had installed Stash on the server. As part of this, java 1.7 was installed, which appears to have been used by Jira instead of the java 1.6 that it is shipped with.

As a fix, I removed Java 1.7, installed java 1.6, and reinstalled the Jira upgrade, which fixed the issue.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Can you please check with the compatibility of the Greenhopper plugin w.r.t the upgraded JIRA version. Also check the jdk version on which JIRA is running is 1.6

Refer this link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events