Greenhopper 6.0.2

Hi,

I would like to have different rank fields for different boards.

I am creating a custom field of type Global Rank and naming it Customer Ranking.

Creating another custom field of type Global Rank and naming it Program Ranking.

Creating two filters, one with order by Customer Ranking and the other one with order by Program Ranking.

Creating two boards that uses the two filters.

Either the boards are sorting correct nor the issue navigator.

How come?

I read somewhere that it was only possible to have one Rank field totally in JIRA, why is that? Could not different boards have different ranking fields?

1 answer

Hi Therese,

When you create a board the included "Rank" field will be used by default. To change this follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Customer Board
  2. Select Configuration under the Tools menu in the top right
  3. Select the Filter tab
  4. Click Edit Filter
  5. Click Edit in the left hand side box under Issue Navigator
  6. Change the filter to use "ORDER BY Customer Ranking ASC" and click Search
  7. Save the Filter using the 'Save changes to filter' option on the left hand side

You can now click the Agile menu to return to the customer board and you will see the backlog ordered by the Customer Ranking field.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks Therese,
Nicholas Muldoon
@GreenHopperTeam

Hello Nicholas,

Is there any way to pick issues by criteria (quick filters, for example) and add them to a sprint? When I try to do this, all the up-ranked issues are added to the sprint, but I don t want this to happen. Is there any other way to do it? I have 300+ issues, so I m in trouble trying to drag the to the page.

Tks.

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, you can turn on the quick filter and then shift-select or command/control-select the issues you want. Then drag only those issues above the sprint marker.

That will move only the selected issues into the sprint, not the issues ranked above those issues.

Thank you Gustavo,
Nicholas Muldoon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

118 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you