Google Apps Authenticator not visible on login screen

Digital Bible Library June 25, 2012

I have Confluence 4.2.6 installed (trial). I have uploaded and enabled the Google Apps Authenticator plugin (1.0.5) (and successfully added a trial license key). I have configured the plug-in, adding our Google Apps domain setting.

After installing (everything appears successful), if I go to the License tab on the Google Apps Authenticator plugin configuration screen, I see the following message:

"Sorry, but we cannot find the required licensing support to execute the requested operation. Please ensure that the Plugin License Storage plugin is installed and enabled. Restarting this plugin should resolve the problem."

When I go to the Confluence log in screen, there is no visible indicator that Google Apps based login is available.

Any guidance about what might be wrong?

2 answers

1 vote
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

That is the problem - did you update the UPM?

Does it work now?

Let us know.

AppFusions is scrubbing through all our plugins now to make sure we have latest UPM support in the plugins. There was quite a bit of UPM flux (i.e., update releases) with the new Marketplace launch in the last month, but it is settling down and we are all working hard to get in synch.

Latest UPM is very important, especially for Atlassian Marketplace plugins (i.e., "Paid via Atlassian")

Cheers,

Ellen

Thank you Ellen. I uploaded UPM 2.3, and now Google Apps Authenticator is working. (Note: I needed to uninstall and re-install the GAA after updating UPM).

It would be nice if Confluence itself would have indicated that the UPM plugin was out of date. The update check did not report any issues.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2012

This may be problem with the underlying Plugin License Storage from Atlassian. One possible solution is to upgrade the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager to a newer version.

Could you tell me which version of Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager you are using -- go to:

Confluence Admin | Plugins

...and look for Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager

My Universal Plugin manager version is 2.0.6

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events