Gliffy Diagram anchor tags open link in a new tab, even if the anchor is for the same page

Ben July 9, 2018

I'm having an issue with Gliffy Diagrams in Confluence Cloud Version, I'm trying to get the diagram to use anchor links to jump to sections in the same page, but it seems to only load links in a new tab, is there a way to change this behavior to work like anchor links usually do in web pages?

The issue with the current functionality is that if i do get it to load a new page, because of the asynchronous call of the diagram it initially loads at the anchor, but the page is then pushed down when the diagram loads.

Any help or alternatives are appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Markus Dieterle August 24, 2018

Yes this is really annoying. It is different to Confluence standard behaviour.

Would be nice if Gliffy support could say if this is intended behaviour. 

I found this workaround: 

If you link text inside of a shape instead of the whole shape, then the link will be opened in the same tab.

I could not believe that (found it out by accident), but for me that works.

Best regards,
Markus

1 vote
klangford July 6, 2020

I stumbled upon the fix for Gliffy diagrams links staying in the same page.  I had two almost identical process diagrams on two separate pages.  Every link in one diagram worked correctly, staying in the same browser tab.  Conversely, every link on the other diagram opened a new tab.  This turned into a "what is different" comparing each of these pages, links, etc. side-by-side.  For the diagram that was working as desired (links staying on same tab), I noticed that in Confluence editor (not Gliffy Editor), the htlm5=false was set for the working diagram.  I changed the non-working diagram (the one that kept opening another tab) and that fixed my problem.

Below are screenshots of the 1,2,3 steps to fixing this behavior.

Gliffy_Link_Behiavor.png

Shazry.Farook March 24, 2021

Is this available to change in cloud instance?

0 votes
Paweł Szremski December 4, 2018

I have the same problem but also observed that when you refresh your confluence page and Gliffy diagram is loading on begining then link will be opened in the same page. Just after diagram is loaded, then link will open in new page - that's strange!!!

As previously mentioned @Markus Dieterle can Gliffy support refer to this wrong behaviour ?

BR

Pawel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events