Git plugin 1.0.4. not working

Hi,

I just upgraded JIRA from 4.4.5 to 5.1.7 and together Git plugin to 1.0.4. During the upgrade process, I deleted exiting Git index caches and local Git repos. Then re-created local Git repos and let JIRA 5.1.5 re-generated the Git index cache.

However, the Git plugin does not seem working. Whe clicking on "Git Commits", I saw " There are no git log entries for this issue yet.". Then the page showed information of when was last indexed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Simon -

We just finished the documentation for the plugin: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bigbrassband/jira-git-version-control-viewer/GitVersionControlViewer-1.0.4-InstallationGuide.pdf

See the section "How To Link Git Commits to JIRA Issues". Let me know if this helps.

Adam (support@bigbrassband.com)

Now the issue is the same as before. After re-indexing or starting from scratch, old git commits made before re-index and restarting are not displayed. Only the new git commits are displayed.

So from 0.6.0 to 1.0.4, this problem remains unresolved.

Simon - what did you do so that the new comments would show?

I've read the new pdf file. I have some questions.

1. With older git plugin, I need to manually pull down the git repos from remote server to local repository using following command:

git clone --bare ssh://<remove git server>/var/git/<repos>

Do I still need do this? Or just need configure the plugin for each repo?

2. I am getting this error when running this command inside a local repo:

$ git pull origin master
fatal: /usr/libexec/git-core/git-pull cannot be used without a working tree

Simon

Another question is the users now see the newly made commits but now the older commits before the upgrade. So what should I do to display a complete list of commits?

Simon - I just sent you an email about getting some logging information.

Simon - we may have all overlooked the issue. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Go to the Git Repositories page in JIRA Administration and click on "Reset" http://d.pr/i/eIkr for the respository in question.

Simon - just sent you an email response about what we see in your logs.

I have not received your email as of 2:41PM PST.

Good to know. Just resent using different domain in case that helps.

Resetting a git repo does not work. Or do I have to wait for sometime until index is rebuilt?

Simon

Hi Simon - you can check on the reindexing process by clicking on the "Git plugin re-indexing" tab http://d.pr/i/FRdf

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

513 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you