'Git Integration for Jira' doesn't work fully. Roll Up Options like 'Extension' do not work

Wanda Keenan October 19, 2017

When I look at Jira ticket with Git Commits, I want to display all differences.  

I select 'Git Roll Up' in Activity - within individual ticket.

Select 'Roll Up' drop down within 'Files' section 

Select 'Extension' or 'Change' or 'Extension and change' or 'Change and extension'

Nothing happens.  No additional detail is displayed.

3 answers

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

@Wanda Keenan - I'm (really) late getting back to you - but the Git Roll Up for Jira Cloud is working (it was fixed in Nov 2017). 

0 votes
Michael Rea September 19, 2018

Hi. I'm trialing the Git Integration for Jira in Jira Cloud, and I'm currently frustrated that I cannot see git commits in the All tab or in the Jira Activity Stream.  I suspect the 2 problems are related (Jira activity stream probably hits the same feed/query as the "all" tab.) 

I see this issue was initially raised about a year ago.  Any hope of resolution soon?

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

@Michael Rea

I work at BigBrassBand - we make the Git Integration for Jira Cloud app that you mention. 

Unfortunately Atlassian hasn't given us the ability to push content into the Activity Stream. We are waiting for this improvement from Atlassian: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-20

I encourage you to vote/watch that issue so Atlassian knows it is important to you.

Semi-related to this - Atlassian has opened up some new options for Jira Cloud on the UI front for development information (like commits, branches, and pull requests). We have just launched a new app called "Dev Info for Jira" that supports all git servers (and even has specific integrations for GitHub, GitLab, AWS CodeCommit, etc) but the UI is shown in the same UI as DVCS (that ships with Jira).

I will contact Atlassian to see if they have any plans for pushing this content into the Jira Cloud activity stream.

Let me know if you have any questions about Dev Info.

- Adam

adam@bigbrassband.com

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2017

@Wanda Keenan - are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server?

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2017

Hi @Wanda Keenan

Can you contact us at support@bigbrassband.com so we can gather a few more items about this error?

Cheers!

Adam

Wanda Keenan October 23, 2017

Jira cloud

Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2017

Thank you Wanda for contacting us on our support channel.

For the benefit of those watching this issue - the roll up and sort options in the Git Roll Up issue tab are not currently working in Jira Cloud (the Jira Server is unaffected).

We're dedicating some time to fixing this in the coming weeks. We will update when the fix is released.

Andrey Kondratiev February 26, 2018

Hello, mine Roll Up doesn't work too, Git Integration for Jira 2.12.10 and JIRA Software 7.7.1 (Server)

I'm pressing Roll Up and nothing happens, only page reloads.

Andrey Kondratiev February 26, 2018

ghjghj.png

Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2018

Hi Andrey,

When you press that "Roll Up" link, it should switch to the "Git Roll Up" tab --- it may or may not reload the page (I think it depends on browser and version). If you already have the "Git Roll Up" tab selected, then it might look like nothing happens.

When you click "Roll Up", what tab is shown?

Andrey Kondratiev July 23, 2018

Hello @Mark L. Smith , sorry for delay, but how I can see my commit ? I press 1 commit and it shows nothing, we making commits directly in master.

Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

Hi Andrey,

Do the commits have the issue key in the commit message?

https://bigbrassband.com/integration-guide/integration-basics.html#basics-l2c

Yes, but I don't see Git Commits tab into issues, maybe this is the problem ?

And I see commits into mail from Jira, but I want to see them into issues...

index.png

Mark L. Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

Is it possible that the tabs have been turned off?

You can do that in the General Settings.

@Mark L. SmithThank you, yes, it was disabled into settings, turn it on and i see commits now, nice :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events