Getting error while enabling Commit Acceptance plugin for testing

SAMIT DUTTA March 8, 2012

Hi,

I am getting below error, while I am trying to install plugin

I have put the plugin jar in the installed_plugin folder ..the plugin is showing up..but when trying to enable is gives the following error..

/rest/plugins/1.0/com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Commit Acceptance XML-RPC Service' of plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance'. Disabling.
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Could not load class: com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance.server.evaluator.EvaluateService
at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:46)
at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.loadClass(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:175)
at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:436)

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

The Commit Policy add-on, which offers the same functionality and more, can be installed with a few clicks via UPM. 

Just go to Administration > Find more add-ons and search for the text "Commit Policy".

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2013

Hey there, Samit.

Since you are not able to install it via copy-paste to the installed-plugins directory, have you tried to install it directly either:

• Via the UI from the Universal Plugin Manager
  • Upload the plugin .jar from the UI

In addition to that, can you please check from the plugin page (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.ext.commitacceptance) whether you are installing a compatible version of Commit Acceptance plugin?

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events