Getting Error: It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Assign to Engineering ) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (INR-5679)"

Manjunatha K R September 15, 2016

I am getting the below error in fast track transition for only specific users:

Getting Error: It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Assign to Engineering ) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (INT-5679)"

if I create the same ticket, it successfully tranisioning to destination step, which I used in my fast track transition.

Even I made sure the following 2 things, in my workflow used as below:

• Make sure the transition is last in my post-function list
  • Make sure the ID of the ENG Support to ENG Assgined  transition, Iam attempting matches the ID of the ENG Support to ENG Assgined transition that is valid in my workflow.

Transition: Create

Post functions(6) 

The following will be processed after the transition occurs::

1. The field Assignee will take the value from Module. Source and destination issue are the same.
  2. Creates the issue originally.
  3. The field Primary will take the value from Release. Source and destination issue are the same.
  4. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  5. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.
  6. Script workflow function : Fast-track transition an issue : If the condition is met the action 231 Assign to Engineering will be applied.  Note that this should go after the Fire Event function.

Even I checked, Validator and Conditions added are PASSED to me as well for other specific users for whom this error we are getting from the JIRA logs.

I didn;t get any clew in the fast track transition, why it's throwing the above error and unable to move it to destination status.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Try to change 1 and 2.

Because 2 - is issue creation, it is impossible to modify an issue before its creation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events