Get current screen with Script Runner

Evelina Kieras September 22, 2017

Hi,

How can I distinguish if an issue is on create, edit or show screen whit Script Runner?  

I can get the create view with getActionName() method, but this is not a solution for edit and show views. 

Thanks!

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

getActionName() works for the Create Issue screen, but doesn't work for the Edit screen. According to https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-85, that is not a bug but was done by design. getFieldScreen().name won't work either I don't think.

Behaviours do not work on the Issue View screen. Behaviours only function on the Create Issue, Update/Edit Issue, Assign Issue, and Workflow Transition screens. If you are on a later version of ScriptRunner, attempting to inline edit a field on the View Screen that has a behaviour attached will simply open the Edit Issue screen.

So as far as I know, there isn't really a way to check in a behaviour if the issue is on the Edit screen. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events