Get assignee name instead of assignee id using JIRA CLI

Siti Zarinah Mohd Yusof November 9, 2018

Dear all,

I would like to get assignee information when retrieving JIRA issue list with the following command:

./jira.sh --action getIssueList --jql "project = 'XXXX' AND cf[12345] ~ 'XXXX'" --outputFormat "2" --columns "key,summary,assignee,"

which return result sample as below:

1 issues
"Key","Summary","Assignee"
"KEY12345","Summary of the Issue","123456789"

However, when I use JIRA user interface I could see Assignee Name and email address under Assignee Column instead, for example "Jane Smith ( Jane.Smith@email.com)"

How can I get the Assignee Name (and email address) using JIRA CLI?

Thank you.

Zarinah Yusof

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user December 7, 2018

Hi @Siti Zarinah Mohd Yusof

We tried to reproduce the issue in our system. We are able to see the usernames using the same command that you have mentioned. Could you please try using outputFormat 999 instead of outputFormat "2" and also please let us know the add-on version and confluence version that you are using.

For the other question regarding email address: currently, this feature is not available. We have an improvement request created for the same. We would request to vote/watch the request to get the updates when we make progress on it. In case you find any difficulty accessing the request, please try to access in a different browser where you have not logged into our portal.

Thanks,
Sravya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events