Get 404 on stepResult if test never executed

Clément Guillot December 15, 2015

Hi,

I have an issue or a misunderstanding about service "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId="

I defined a test "T" and add it in a Test Cycle "TC".

My case is:

1. I call "execution/" to get the executionId of "T"
  2. I call "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId=" to get the Step executionId for each step and got a HTTP 404 Not Found
  3. I click on "E" button of my Test in my Test Cycle via the graphical interface. (Execution button)
  4. Call again "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId=" and the service respond correctly.

I want the service respond correctly without clicking on "E" button for each tests. (Actually have around 120 tests and create new test cycle every two weeks.

Do you have an idea or a workaround?

Regards,

3 answers

0 votes
Tanuj January 11, 2016

I also tried this solution ..http://localhost:8080/secure/ExecuteTest!default.jspa?scheduleId=x&issueId=x (Found it in the discussion forum) , but this call(get) only works when i execute it in browser, but through code it gives 200 response but after this still i received an empty json file on executing "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId=" . Please suggest how to get rid off from this problem? or am I missing any call?

0 votes
PoojaK December 15, 2015

Hello @Clément Guillot

The reason you are getting the 404 error is because you are trying to retrieve the step execution id without executing the step. Basically you are missing one step after you execute a test case (your point 1.), you need to execute a teststep using REST CALL: POST: http://localhost:2990/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/teststep/issueId/ and then retrieve the test step execution id using /rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId= 

Kindly let me now if you still have any issues

Kind Regards

Pooja

Clément Guillot December 17, 2015

Hi, Thx for your response but the response of "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId=" return an empty array. The array is not empty after press button "E" in user interface..

0 votes
Deleted user December 15, 2015

Pressing the "E" button simulates this call:

/rest/zapi/latest/execution/navigator/{executionid}

then run  "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult?executionId=

Clément Guillot December 16, 2015

I have a 500 response for this service: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <status> <status-code>500</status-code> <message>query should not be null!</message> Can't find any documentation on this service.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events