Gantt purchased license not working

Martin Bayreuther September 17, 2012

It looks like it is not possible to switch from an old EVAL license to a purchased license.

In the Gantt-Chart license tab I am getting the old license with the old expiry date. (Picture 1)

When entering the purchased license key from my.atlassian.com I am still getting the same expiry date and the red message (Picture 2).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

If you have got an old license key from me and want to switch to an Atlassian Marketplace license key, you have to proceed the following step based on dual-licensing:

1. open the Gantt-Chart main configuration and switch to tab "Gantt License"
  2. overwrite my old license with a space and hit apply
  3. verify that you see "no license" on the result screen
  4. enter the Atlassian license you get from "my.atlassian.com" within the Universal Plugin Manager

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Frank

Martin Bayreuther September 25, 2012

Got on the phone with Frank and the 4 steps listed above worked perfectly. Important: use the SPACE character in step 2. We tried a dot first which did not work.

Regards

Maba

0 votes
Tum Ruka September 25, 2012

Hi Maba

We had the same problem, but it does seem to actually pick up the correct license in the Gantt-Chart config - despite the message in the Gantt-Chart config saying to enter the license in the plugin manager it only works if you enter it in the config area. After the eval license expired (even though it still shows as expired in the plugin manager) it continued to work without any problems, so it seems to be more of a display issue.

Hope this helps.

Maree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events