Gantt Plugin stuck on "please wait while loading"

I just installed Jira and the Structure Plugin. Tried the Gantt Project plugin that worked fine. Disabled it and installed the Gantt Plugin. I can configure it, set permissions, but I cannot view the gantt charts. When I click on Structure | Gannt-Chart (or Resource Planning), it just stays on the "please wait while loading" screen.

Notes:

I am using the evaluation Jira license

I am using the trial plugin license

I installed Structure first

I reindexed Jira after installing the Gantt Chart Plugin

I restared the Jira service

4 answers

1 accepted

We'll follow up one-by-one per email due to privacy and individual settings not appropriate for the public.

Thanks Frank, the new plugin solved the problem!

What Browser and Version are you using?

Thanks for the really fast support Frank!

I was using the latest Chrome, but because of your question, I also tried with IE 9. Same behavior.

I had a similar problem. I had a project version called "Beta" and some of the issues did not have due dates and time estimates. I added due dates and time estimates to all of the issues in the Beta version and now the Gantt chart gets generated (with the wrong issues, but that's a different problem).

Also, this seemed to depend on the date range that I chose when searching. Gantt chart comes up with -4w to 12w as the default date range. When I played around with that, I discovered that I could create a chart at -4w to 15w, but if I set the date range to -4w to 16w then I would get the problem you describe.

Hi Andrew,

the due date has no concrete meaning with respect to my Gantt-Chart addon for JIRA: please read the embedded documentation or related feedback on Atlassian Answers. An issue is displayed on a Gantt-Chart, if it has defined a planned start and end date and the related period is included within or intersects the time period being defined by from - to. Open your browsers console, you will see the corresponding JQL-statement to verify the result set within JIRA's Issue Navigator (search issues).

You can download my latest version pre-v2.3 from my server at:

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Apr 19, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

366 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you