Gantt OnDemand (BETA) v0.9.6 BETA - Issue dependencies not working?

Gabriel Dinant March 12, 2014

Hi,

I enabled the plugin Gantt Ondemand on our instance recently, and played with it. It looks really great and would be very useful to me but I could not figure out how to get the issue dependencies working.

Looking at the documentation it should work "straightforward" and dynamically using JIRA native links. To do so, I've created a new Issue Linking, from the system administration:

• Name: Block
  • Outward Description: blocks
  • Inward Description: is blocked by

I've also added this dependency on two tasks and two subtasks (which belong to the same project), but nothing changed on the graph.

Am I do it wrong? or is there an issue reported somewhere that I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Hi Gabriel, I suspect the reason why it isn't working for you is that you actually created a new link instead of using standard one provided by JIRA. By "standard" I mean those available when "Issue linking" is enabled on the Instance (blocked by, relaetes to, clones etc.). Each one of them has some unique ID that plugin is trying to identify when rendering dependencies. If that is true, then we will probably need to do some modifications and make this used links configurable as now link ID's are simply hardcoded.

I will need to know your Jira instance URL to check if my theory here is valid. You may contact my here or directly via email: support(at)wisoft.eu

0 votes
Ivan Yurin May 8, 2014

Thanks, Adrian. Works fine.

0 votes
Ivan Yurin May 7, 2014

Hi,

I have the same problem. Looked at the console, the link data coming, but communication is not being built.

Sample answer:

issuelinks: [
    0 {
        id: "17722" 
        type: {
            id: "10100" 
            inward: "is blocked by" 
            name: "Blocks" 
            outward: "blocks"

What could be the problem?

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

So, the link type ID is different here indeed. Let me know your Jira instance name and I'll sort that out for you.

Ivan Yurin May 7, 2014

astrastudio

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

Thanks Ivan, I've just changed the link type ID for your instance. Let me know if you can now see the dependencies rendered properly.

Ivan Yurin May 8, 2014

Thanks, Adrian. Works fine.

0 votes
Thomas Bachmann March 27, 2014

We have the same issue as Gabriel Dinant and contacted your support team to apply the same fix.

Gabriel Dinant March 27, 2014

FYI: We couldn't find any solutions to make it worked. Hoping for a fix...

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

Gabriel, as we found out, your situation is a bit different. The API on your JIRA instance does not return issuelinks at all for some reason.

Gabriel Dinant March 27, 2014

Could be the same for Thomas? I'll anyway ask Atlassian for a follow-up. I'll keep you posted.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

It could be. I have asked Thomas to check this already. Let me know what Atlassian will find out.

0 votes
Gabriel Dinant March 19, 2014

Hello Adrian,

I asked the Atlassian Support if it was possible to "reset" the issue link IDs on our instance but it seems more complicated than it looks like.

Would it be possible to fill in a bug for this? To me it's a critical blocker, I can't use the plugin without the dependency feature.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2014

Hi Gabriel, as it looks like an edge case and implementing a proper solution (with configurable links) would take too much effort, just send me an email with your instance details and I'll try to hack some workaround to make it work for you. (support(at)wisoft.eu)

0 votes
Gabriel Dinant March 13, 2014

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your fast response, you're most certainly rigtht. For some reasons that I'm not aware of the original link has been deleted.

If my understanding is correct there is no workaround until a patch from your side. So in the meantime I'll ask the Support of Atlassian to make this change right in the DB and restore the default value.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events