Gantt-Chart for JIRA: what custom fields are installed

jeff_athentech September 19, 2013

I installed the trial for this plug-in, but when I un-installed, a bunch of custom fields were left behind. Which custom fields did installing this plugin create?

Thanks, Jeff

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

Sorry, I missed the following rarely used customfields:

• MS Project ID
  • Latest Start
  • Latest End

Depending on your own time schedule and business dependencies, I can implement the missing parts into my coming Gantt-Chart v.3 if you are interested in. Most of this is already possible to do, but my documentation is poor as it was not read carefully keeping me busy with support requests independent on having or not having documentation. If you want, we can continue this thread on a private email-basis via frank@polscheit.de

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
jeff_athentech September 19, 2013

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the immediate answer. I also saw some custom fields with 'MS Project ID' and similar names. Those might have been from another Gantt plugin I'm trying.

The main thing I want is a DEAD-SIMPLE way to build a Gantt chart of all my projects, showing versions as summary tasks, and all issues with that 'fix version' below them. All tasks start on Version start date, unless I manually move those later, and have a duration specificed by Original Estimate.

Color the bars by status, and color released versions green. One chart for all projects, and then per-project charts.

That might have been possible with your current version, but I couldn't figure out how to arrange things. Adding a 'fix version' to an issue didn't make it appear on the Gantt, for example.

I don't want load planning, resource usage, etc. Just plain, simple Version / issue gantt.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013
  • Planned Start
  • Planned End
  • Baseline Start
  • Baseline End
  • Gantt-Options
  • Velocity-%

Currently, I am in preparation of Gantt-Chart v.3, which will be a huge step forward and deliver a lot of functionalities and enhancements, requested by users. If you have any recommendations, I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events