Gannt Chart not working after install

Andrew Riley October 10, 2012

Hi

I have installed the trial gannt chart plug in 2.1.4 into my test JIRA. I am running JIRA 5.1.3

Install went fine, adding license went fine, could set up the configurations under Administration/Gannt Charts but it will not work.

When going into a project it does not have the Gannt Chart in the left hand navigation panel. I have uninstalled the plug in and re-installed it several times but not difference. I set up out test JIRA again from our live environment just in case there was something wrong with it.

I have gone through your tuturial videos but can't work out what is wrong. Can you help?

Thanks, Andrew

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

Hi Andrew,

that's because of permissions: you have to switch to admin mode, go to the related project, choose the tab "Gantt-Chart" and do the project specific configurations like enable Gantt-Chart for that project as well as define who is able to see it. Having an older project with already existing issues, you can specify a default effort (> 1 day) and click on the button "generate planning dates ....". An issue must have set planned start and end date to be displayed on a Gantt-Chart. I recommend to put the 3 customfields "planned start date", "planned end date" and "Gantt-Option" to your default screen as JIRA administrator for verification purposes and to be able to maintain planning dates and mark of milestones.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me at frank@polscheit.de

Regards,
Frank

Andrew Riley October 11, 2012

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have done those changes you mentioned and now I can see the gantt chard option. When I select it however it does not show the gantt chart information. It only show the screen shot. The fuel gage continues to show. I even left it over night but did not change.

Thanks, Andrew

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

I wasn't aware of UPM 2.7.6, but I have update my addon and repackaged. Please download the pre-v2.1.5 from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-2.1.5-JIRA5.1-UPM2.7.6.jar

0 votes
Yurena Garcia-Hevia Mendizabal October 18, 2012

Actually we are using Atlassian's Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) to version 2.7.6 is not compatible with this version? :/

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Hi Yurena,

please verify that you are using v2.7.4 of the Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager (UPM), then download and install my pre-v2.1.5 from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-2.1.5-JIRA5.1.jar

I have developed and tested this under OSX Snow Leopard using Safari, Firefox and Chrome and it's working fine.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me at frank@polscheit.de

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
Yurena Garcia-Hevia Mendizabal October 18, 2012

I'm having issues also with the plugin after updating Plugin Manager and also Gantt Chart. I wasn't able to enable it and of course is not working. It says:

"This plugin could not be loaded by the plugins system. It has one or more errors which prevent it from being enabled."

We cannot use Internet Explorer due we use Mac OS.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

Hi Andrew,
due to different interpretations of the W3C-Standard, IE7 as well as IE8 behave not like all the other browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari etc.) I highly recommend to use the newer version IE9, which is compatible and tested with Gantt-Chart instead of the old trouble maker IE8.

Regards,
Frank

Andrew Riley October 16, 2012

Hi Frank

We just had to upgrade our entire company (700 users) to IE 8 as JIRA 5 does not work with 7. I can't upgrade to 9 or tell people to use another browser just for the Gannt Chart Plugin if we can get it working and buy it. I've attached the log file. I first used IE, then Chrome, then firefox. I was the only one on this test/development version of JIRA. Hopefully there are some other options to resolve this issue so it can work with IE8. by the looks of it with Chrome (22.0.1229.94) or Firefox (6.0.1 it is showing the gannt chart and resource planning tab data OK.

(catalina.out.txt)

Thanks, Andrew

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Hi Andrew,
did you get any error within your browser console (FireBug together with FireFox, Dev.-Tools within Google Chrome or hitting F12 within IE9) or JIRA logfile?

Regards,
Frank

Andrew Riley October 14, 2012

Hi Frank. I will attach the two screen shots. One is for when I press Gannt Chart Tab in the project navitator for the project I have been testing on. The other is when I select the Resource Planning tab. Hope this helps. We run IE 8.0.7601.17514. I will try and get an extract from the JIRA log file.

Thanks, Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events