Gadget with sort function

Andreas Specht November 5, 2012

I want to rank my projects by adding a numeric field to them. Do you have a gadget, which I could configure to display my projects sorted by this field?

2 answers

0 votes
Guillermo _DEISER_ November 29, 2012

Hello Andreas;

We developed a plugin called Profields to create Project attributes (a kind of custom fileds but for projects). You can not only create a field with the ranking but any fields you want, with values extracted from external tables and many features project-oriented and very useful for the business departments.

You can see our landing (yesterday we delivered Profields 2.0) and see an overview of the features:

http://www.deiser.com/subject/landing/profields/

also we invite you to try it and see if Profields can meet your requirements. You can send your issues, questions and comments to our supporting system: http://www.madeira20.com (only sign up and go).

Cheers!

<body></body>
0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2012

You can do this using Greenhoppper, it has the ability to rank/sort issue and list of gadget that you can use. For more detail, you can refer to the following:

Greenhopper

Ranking an issue

Using Greenhopper gadgets

Hope this helps, Vicky.

Andreas Specht November 5, 2012

That's clear; sorting of Issues works perfectly, but the business part of our team does not only like to rank issues they also like to rank the project's itself ("higher level").

Normally the project managers collect projects which are ranked / prioritizes by the management. Based on this ranking the user stories (issues) are created and solved.

I'm not entirely sure if a project is the correct thing to be used to cluster our stuff. For the project managers it would work fine cause they want to report on per project basis to the management. I've also thought about using epics which may would also do the job (?) but epics are not supported in greenhopper's kanban mode as far as I known.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events