Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue

I am getting the following error in our jira 5.2.5 logs when i select "search for issues". What could be reason for this?

2013-02-06 13:16:16,541 http-bio-8525-exec-1 ERROR spatruni 796x204x1 o96hnu 10.107.182.104 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue. Possibly plugin not started yet

7 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

It's an occasional error with jql functions in script runner, still have not got to the bottom of it. If you disable then enable the plugin it should fix it.

Thanks Jamie! It is working..

If you see any pattern to this, please do let me know...

Hi Jamie,

I got this exception again today.

2013-02-12 12:31:58,579 http-bio-8525-exec-21 ERROR spatruni 751x74x1 1jv8md4 10.105.180.29 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue. Possibly plugin not started yet

What should i do now?

Hi. Disable and enable the plugin to make it work again. Maybe there was some kind of event that happened first that you remember...?

I disabled/enabled the plugin and started indexing. I remember i did nothing now except restart.

same error started again

2013-03-04 12:28:35,501 http-bio-8525-exec-24 ERROR spatruni 748x9935x2 wuz19m 10.107.182.155 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Function scriptedFunction didn't have a data type, returning Issue Possibly plugin not started yet

Just disable/enable the plugin again... I'm going to issue a fix very soon.

Getting the same error in JIRA 6.2.7. with Script Runner 2.1.7.
but disable/enable don't work :(

Confirmed on the same configuration : 2.1.17 on JIRA 6.2.7

Just chiming in on this. Saw this error in our logs as well. I will disable and re-enable the plugin in the meantime.

Are you using the most recent version? AFAIK this should not happen anymore.

I saw that I am on an older version. I will get a new one on my lower platform and check things out and migrate to prod.

I'm running Jira 5.2.2 with latest Script runner 2.1.3 and I'm seeing the problem.

We are seeing this in JIRA 6.0 on SR 2.1.3.

I got this on our JIRA 6.0.8 system too using Script runner 2.1.15.

I got this error today in JIRA 6.2 with Script Runner 2.1.17. I am trying the reenable now...

It is June 28, 2014 today. I am seeing this error on JIRA 6.2.7 with scriptrunner 2.1.17.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

173 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you