Full uninstalling of JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin

César Mena June 25, 2012

What is the procedure to uninstall the JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin, delete the custom fields created by it and leave the database in the state prior to installing the plugin?.

3 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Hi César,

please switch to JIRA admin mode, plugins, Gantt-Chart main config, sub-panel "Gantt listener": deactivate the checkbox for the Gantt listener. Then, manually delete the following customfields:

• planned start date
  • planned end date
  • Gantt options

By deleting this customfields, all related information will be gone and cannot be retrieved later. That's why I have decided not to do this automatically but by an administrator.

Additionally, please delete the Gantt-Dependency Issue Link Type manually. By doing this, issues links of this type no longer available any more.

Afterwards, you have to deactivate and uninstall the Add-on.

If you have any comments/feedback concerning the plugin itself as well as uninstalling, I would be happy to get an email at frank@polscheit.de from you, so that I can improve it further step-by-step.

Regards,
Frank

David Hergert _PAYX_ March 16, 2014

FWIW - I followed the uninstall instructions and they worked well. I needed to reinstall the plugin, because we are going ahead with using it. Everything seemed to reinstall correctly, but it doesn't appear to have added the custom fields to the Screens. I have to re-add them manually. Is there a way this can readd them?

David Hergert _PAYX_ March 16, 2014

Yup -- I went in and added them to the screens I wanted, specifically adding them to their own tab. Thanks for the prompt response.

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Hi David,

the customfields are generated automatically by "configure" my add-on. As your screen schemes can vary very much, it is not possible to develop an automatism for assigning the customfields to certain edit screens. That's a semantical aspect depending on each customer individually.

As an admin, you can use e.g. Jira's JellyScript functionality to automise your own actions to be able to reply later, but not as a general add-on functionality.

Kind regards,
Frank

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

If you go back to previous database backup, any changes you did after that would be lost - changes not related to the plugin as well. It is better to clean up manually by deleting custom fields etc.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

Hi César,

please switch to JIRA admin mode, plugins, Gantt-Chart main config, sub-panel "Gantt listener": deactivate the checkbox for the Gantt listener. Then, manually delete the following customfields:

• planned start date
  • planned end date
  • Gantt options

By deleting this customfields, all related information will be gone and cannot be retrieved later. That's why I have decided not to do this automatically but by an administrator.

Afterwards, you have to deactivate and uninstall the Add-on.

If you have any comments/feedback concerning the plugin itself as well as uninstalling, I would be happy to get an email at frank@polscheit.de from you, so that I can improve it further step-by-step.

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events