I'm using FreshBooks Connector to sync my company's issues over to FreshBooks for invoicing, but I am having two problems:
1) The FreshBooks tasks are created as not billable by default, but they should either be billable by default, or there should be a way I can set in JIRA whether it's billable.
2) Each issue becomes a new task. Is there a way to let all the issues use the "Development" task? And then the issue title should be the task description.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Hello, I am Sergey from the Rozdoum team.
1) the created tasks are having billable inherited from the project, tasks are assigned to - only if the project has rate parameter (Billing method for the project in Freshbooks is set to Hourly project Rate). Then the created tasks are created as billable
2) yes, there is a way to log time from a set of issues to a specific task:
1. go to FreshBooks configuration page
2. set TaskMappingStrategy to "Issues are a task, worklogs come to the FreshBooks staff, corresponding to the assignee of the issue"
3. find a Jira Search Filter, which gives you the issues, from which you want to log work to the same task (all the issues (found by the filter) get mapped to one FreshBooksTask) and specify the task to log time to. Choose the project from the list of projects, to which the task is assigned.
All the worklogs from the issues will be logged on the freshbooks task against the specified project.
I hope this helps you.
Hey there, Christopher.
Perhaps you can also try to get in touch with the plugin vendor directly to get you queries in a timely manner too:
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG