Formatting output Math

Keith Whittingham May 6, 2014

Is there an easyish way of setting the vertical gap between lines? In the example, below the two lines render to close to eachother.

\begin{align}
	f'(x) &= 4x + 24 - 24 \\
	&=  4x
\end{align}

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

Locally:

Try adding [<height>] as in the following example:

\begin{align}
	f'(x) &amp;= 4x + 24 - 24 \\[5ex]
	&amp;=  4x
\end{align}

Globally:

For the external renderer, add the following line to the end of the LaTeX header in the LaTeX Math configuration:

\setlength{\jot}{5ex}

If you are using MathJax or the internal renderer, then unfortunately no global option is available at the moment. You are welcome to create an issue here: https://bitbucket.org/tensixtwo/latex-math/issues

Keith Whittingham May 12, 2014

Thanks!

The [5ex] does what I want but can't I do that globally?

align and align* seem to do the same thing - they both number if I have the anchor

Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Ok, I updated the answer for you. If using align does not add duplicate numbering, then it is probably because you are using the internal renderer, in which case don't worry about it.

Keith Whittingham May 12, 2014

Thanks, I'll create the issue because I use it all over the place and I never need one line to be hard up against another.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events