Formatting Custom Field labels in Jira Cloud

Cheryl A. Minton December 5, 2017

Is it possible to update the formatting for custom field labels in Jira Cloud? I am trying to make my custom field labels bold (or applying style formatting) that would differentiate the field labels more clearly from the field values.

Script suggestions to place in Description of custom field have not worked for me, and I do not see a way to edit the announcement banner in order to add the script there.

Any suggestions, or is this functionality just not available in Jira Cloud without a plug-in?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi Cheryl,

This may be possible with an add-on, however,  I am unaware of any at the moment.  In regards to the script in the field, HTML and JavaScript in issue fields is not allowed per the Restricted functions in JIRA Cloud applications knowledge base article.

Cheers,

Branden

Cheryl A. Minton December 8, 2017

Thanks, Branden!

0 votes
mmorales January 9, 2019

For what it's worth, it now supports Jira's flavor of markdown so *bold* and:

- bullet 1

-- inner bullet

- bullet 2

Paul Stansberry February 21, 2020

Hi @mmorales - Are you suggesting we should add the markdown labels (asterisks in this case) around the field name when creating (or editing) it in the custom fields configuration screen within Jira Cloud?

Paul Stansberry February 21, 2020

FYI - I tried this, and it doesn't work for me.  I tried adding the markdown labels around the custom field name in the custom field screen...  and it just displays the asterisks normally in the issue view, rather than interpreting them as markdown.

mmorales February 21, 2020

Hi @Paul Stansberry

That was a while back, but what I recall was that the custom field description does support the markdown-like notation (and we use it on our current Jira Cloud instance). 

But yeah, the custom field name doesn't support that format. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events