Format Tables that are Exported to PDF

Ravi Bheda May 7, 2018

Hello,

I am using Scroll PDF Exporter v4.2.0

When I export document, table headers are wrap with word break if table is wide. For ex, if Header title is "Name", "Nam" contains in 1st line and "e" contains in next line. 

table_header_word_break.PNG

In older version, it was allowed in CSS to give style to not to break word. But in the latest version, it is not allowed. 

Can you please give me workaround to work?

1 answer

0 votes
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Hi Ravi,

Have you tried using the Scroll Tablelayout macro already? Besides additional sorting options, and page-layouts, this also lets you define table-column widths. You can find further information about this in our Help Center: Change the Table Format

Unfortunately our current library has some hickups when it comes to the page-break within tables. We're tracking this as an improvement here: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/EXP-1292

The current behavior is that the PDF exporter does strictly adhere to the widths that are set in Confluence. In Confluence if a the content in a column is wider that the configured column width then Confluence allows the column to be bigger than the configured width, shrinking other columns or if that is not possible overflow/expand the container it is in.

As an alternative you could try to change the table width within Confluence, depending on the overall layout of the table this should also help.

Best,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events