Form Mail for Confluence

heyianator April 30, 2015

The emails that are sent via Form Mail are not formatted correctly.  There are not line breaks between each form item and the items are not showing in the correct order:

Product Name: Adobe Illustrator

Product Number:

Serial Number:

Estimate:

Special Shipping:

Point of Contact: Example Contact

Aprovee's Email: example email

Product Information: Contact would like Adobe Illustrator for creating logos and graphics Request Type: Quote Product Preference: New Pull from stock: No Approval State: Requested

Should be:

Company: Company

Request Type: Quote

Product Preference: New

Pull from stock: No

Product Name: Adobe Illustrator

Product Number:

Serial Number:

Estimate:

Special Shipping:

Point of Contact: Example Contact

Aprovee's Email: example email

Product Information: Contact would like Adobe Illustrator for creating logos and graphics

Approval State: Requested

2 answers

1 vote
Divya Margani [Adaptavist] June 11, 2015

Hi @heyianator,

This is just a quick update regarding the issues you have reported. 

The fix for FORMMAILNG-297 (The order of macros placed gets changed in the generated email) has been included in the Form Mail 4.2 release. 

Regarding formatting the content with line breaks in your output email - This new feature has been included in our recent release Form Mail 4.3 version. The documentation for this Template feature can be found here :  http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/FMCP/3.10+Templates+Feature+for+Form+Mail

If you have any further queries related to Form Mail, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Divya Margani

Support & QA Analyst | Adaptavist

Sarah Woods August 19, 2020

Hi @Divya Margani [ 

I have had a look at the line break instructions in your link above, but my issue is slightly different so i was wondering if you could help please?

I have formatted the email to create line breaks between form responses and this is working, but my issue is that the form completer is including line breaks in a particular field response, and it is here that the email is not formatting correctly.

e.g. 

Field response

Address:

1 Brick Lane,

Brighton

BN1 3XJ

Email format

Address:

1 Brick Lane, Brighton BN1 3XJ

Are you able to help please?

1 vote
Divya Margani [Adaptavist] April 30, 2015

Hi @heyianator,

Hope this finds you well. 

Regarding the order of the fields in the output email, we can confirm that this bug has already been logged in our system (FORMMAILNG-297 - The order of macros placed gets changed in the generated email). Our developers have worked on fixing this issue and it is currently in Testing stage. We will be releasing a new version that contains the fix in the next couple of days. Please check the release notes when the new version is published to confirm the fix has been included.

Regarding formatting the content with line breaks in your output email, we are currently implementing an exciting new feature that would allow you to add line breaks to sent mails, as well as providing greater flexibility in formatting the output mail. Please keep checking our website and Marketplace for updates.

Regards

Divya Margani

Support & QA Analyst | Adaptavist

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events