Filtering on Approvers

Dave Paulson May 14, 2016

We're using your approval add-on and need the ability to filter issue queries based on approvers. What's currently happening is we have a long list of issues pending approval, and once a given approver takes action on a specific issue, there is no way to filter that issue from the others still needing that approvers action. Is there a JQL function available to access any of the approvals schema? 

We tried turning on logging approvals to JIRA comments, with the thought we'd then be able to filter on the comments, but that doesn't seem to work. Using a simple query like comment ~ "APPROVED by jirauser" returns nothing. This type of text search works for other text, but not the text entered by Herzum. Similarly, we have an add-on function to search by commentedByUser(). It works with other comments but finds nothing for Herzum entered comments.

Can you help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2016

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/JQL+functions has the whole list of available JQL functions.

The available JQL functions should be able to satisfy you needs and maybe you will not need to search into the comments.

Anyway, an Herzum Approval Comment doesn't differ by any other comment.

I wonder that search based on comment doesn't work.

I have run a search based on comment into our staging environments and it returned the expected result as showed by the screenshot below:

Search.PNG

Can you please ensure that a comment "APPROVED by jirauser" exists on one issue at least?

Sincerely,

Antonella

Dave Paulson May 16, 2016

I did have an approved comment, along with another comment by the same user, and the other comment would be listed while the Herzum approval comment wouldn't.

But it doesn't matter now, because the myPendingApproval() function works perfectly.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events