Filter menus are missing

Joshua Chen September 6, 2013

Filter menus of "Link type", "Link direction", and "Issue type" are missing after installation. Is there any configuration need to be done?

JIRA v5.2.11

JIRA Agile v6.3.0.2

Links Explorer HTML5 v2.0.2

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

It was a problem displaying those buttons on the bar, because the plugin embedded its own version of the AUI library (js + css) in order to support some advanced components which were not supported in earlier versions of JIRA.

It worked fine at the beginning, until Atlassian updated the AUI libraries in later versions of JIRA. Then, the embedded AUI component version become incompatible causing major/critical issues at the GUI level and the buttons causing problems were removed from the bar, even the functionality is still ready behind the scene waiting for being activated some day again.

Joshua Chen September 11, 2013

Hello Pablo,

Thank you very much for letting me know the reason and I don't have to worry about mis-configuration or mis-installation.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

fact is that plugin authors don't really have time to sit here on answers

Mainly agree.

However, Answers is great and a very helpful chanel to SHARE knowledge. For that reason, me and many other vendors, prefer it rather than private emails. I've answered the same question lot of times by email. However, many times, users include the PLUGIN NAME in the question but they forget to include the PLUGIN KEY in the tag field. The plugin key is usually followed by the plugin authors and the most likely way to ensure the questions are forwarded to the right person. Furthermore, sometimes, the Answers email notifications process does not properly work.

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

The marketplace pages for plugins have been designed in a way that the button, which leads to answers.atlassian.com is emphasized in a way that it attracts more attention than the author's contact details. That's why people usually come here, thinking that it is the prefered way to raise the issues, when the fact is that plugin authors don't really have time to sit here on answers, waiting for the questions about their plugins (not all of them, many of them do follow their plugin tags, but you get the idea..)

0 votes
Joshua Chen September 10, 2013

Hello Mladen,

Thank you for the suggestion. That was what I trying to do and it leaded me here. The version history does not have much information related to my issue.

Do you use this plugin as well? Do you see the filter menu in the screenshots of the plugin page?

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Did you try contacting the authors of that plugin, by clicking on the Support and Issues link? :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events