Feature request: Filter by Version / Sprint & Hide visually empty epics

Gerrie Kimpen January 12, 2017

When viewing a (large) map by Version or by Sprint we miss the option to focus on a particular Version (or Sprint). For example: add a filter icon next to the Version's label by which you can turn on/off the filter.

And on top of that: a feature that allows you to hide visually empty epics.

The combination will give you ultimate Version or Sprint overview.

And maybe also: the option to hide visually empty Versions or Sprints (particularly useful when a Quick Filter is active)

3 answers

1 vote
Gerrie Kimpen January 12, 2017

Thanks for the quick response Nicholas.

Expand/collapse all could help a bit, but the true power lies in the combination with hide empty epics.
I assume that collapsing versions does not lead to ‘empty’ epics on the map since filtering and collapsing are different concepts.
I gave this some thought again and hopefully a can now formulate our requirement more clearly.
What we wan't is a "story focus" toggle in the map. When the toggle is on:
  • Hide the epics that have no stories (for the current filter)
  • Hide the versions that have no stories (for the current filter)
And 'the current filter' can be anything:
  • No filter at all
  • One or more selected Quick Filters
  • A version filter (new feature: a filter icon near the version's label)
  • An epic filter (new feature: a filter icon somewhere in the epic card)
I hope this clarifies things. Unfortunately I cannot update the question's summary.
Regards,
Gerrie
(for some reason all my blank lines are removed onSave)
0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2017

As per reply from Przemyslaw Chudzinski [extensi.io] below, this comment was unrelated to Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA. Removing.

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2017

@Nick Muldoon

I'm sorry I've not seen this is not a general jira software discussion. Please delete my posts as this is not related to your product.

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2017

Hi Gerrie, thanks for the feedback, this is great.

For larger story maps I wonder whether an expand / collapse all option for the Sprints/Versions would be useful. Similar to the agile board with expand/collapse swimlanes. Do you think that would help?

As for hiding empty epics... I guess a quick filter for empty epics won't work as you've got multiple quick filters enabled at once, and the permutations would be too much. Would something similar to expand/collapse for epics be what you're looking for?

Thanks Gerrie, we greatly appreciate the feedback, have a great day!

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events