Fast-track transition an issue doesn't work when the transition is hidden

Hi

So I've set up a script listener which transitions the issue to "In Progress" when it gets assigned. This transition should not be visible as a workflow button for the user as it should only run automatically.

When I hide the transition with the according condition, the listener doesn't transition the issue anymore. After removing the condition, it works again.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

Hi Marius,

Have you made the Script Listener JQL Fast-track transition and the hidden condition mutually exclusive or is there some overlap that prevents it from working?

Workflow

WF2.PNGWF3.PNGWF.PNG

Listener

LI.PNG

Hello Mark

What do you mean exactly by mutually exclusive? I thought maybe there is a permission issue but I'm not too sure about it since it works when the button is visible.

I've attached a few screenshots of my workflow and the listener. Maybe I'm not using the hidden condition correctly?

Marius,

What workflow condition are you using? Are you using the "Hide transition from user"?

What does your Script Listener look like?

Yes I'm using the "Hide transition from user" condition.

I've posted a screenshot of my listener above. Can you see it?

It looks like this:

Note: Change status to "In Progress" when issue is assigned for the first time

Projekt key: All projects

Events: Issue Assigned

Condition: none

Action: Vorgang zuweisen (121)

Additional issue actions: none

AFAIK, there are two conditions with similar name. The Hide transition from user is built-in in JIRA and returns false. There is similar condition Hide transition from JMWE that investigates call stack to recognize context.

The former could be used only in JIRA Automation Add-on, where the conditions/validations could be switched off when transitioning.

As I remember there is not such functionality in Scriptrunner. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Marius,

Jozef is right, in that the current version of ScriptRunner does not offer the ability to skip conditions, validators or permissions. I'm told this change would be relatively simple, so we should have it in our backlog. In the meantime, you could use the JIRA automation add-on.

Okay smile Thanks for your help.

Hi Marius,

Please feel free to watch & vote on the issue Jamie refers to (SRJIRA-1081) which is in our backlog.

We'll try to get to it just as soon as we can.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

839 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you