Fast-Track Transection Events -> All issue event executing many times

hi,

I have a problem. i created script listener Fast-track transection listener. i set events All Issue Types and set to condition "issue.getEstimate() == 0"  when the issue's estimate time is zero, this listener executing many times randomly 200 - 300 times. 

When i trying event to set "work logged on issue" this time: if i logged on workflow steps listener executing successful but issues status doesnt refresh sad

What would i do ?Screenshot from 2016-02-15 14-45-25.pngScreenshot from 2016-02-15 14-46-58.png

7 answers

Hi Semi,

I would propose to go with your second solution (catch only work logged on issue events). Can I ask if you have assigned a screen during that transition ? 

Hi Thanos,

We dont use any screen on this transition. it will happen instantly. I added detailed pictures

Screenshot from 2016-02-17 13-33-26.png

Screenshot from 2016-02-17 13-33-53.png

Could you try to assign one ?

i assigned default screen.  i set ScriptListener's event "Work Logged on Issue". Same problem still goes on. Sometime status change immediatly, sometimes require refresh page, sometimes doesnt change.

and is the set remaining estimate in this screen ? I mean if you manually transition the issue from let's say commit needed to remaining estimate zero status, can you set the estimate ? I have seen this issue before (the transition happens but the 'UI is stacked' in the previous status). 

i use condition on Remaining estimate is zero transition. The condition is "Hide transition from the user (the transition can be triggered only programmatically or from a workflow function)." So; while flow goes on, if remaining estimate = 0 issue's status change automaticly, screen doesnt shown anyone.  İn JIRA 6.2.3 and Script Runner 2.1.17 this scenario working perfectly. When i upgrade Jira to  7.0.5 transition happens but status doesnt change always

0 vote

The problem is you are getting into an infinite loop. You are listening for all issue events (you said). The fast-track puts the issue through a transition which fires an event, which is caught by the listener, etc...

Just fire when the estimate has changed... there is an example for that if you click Expand Examples.

Hi Jamie,

I browse the examples about fast-track. When i set the events "work logged on issue" this time transition, executing once time and succesfully but status doesn't refresh. I refresh the page status still same. Look that picture

Screenshot from 2016-02-23 11-44-58.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

113 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you