Failed to add new license key

We have the Gantt plugin version 1.6.11 running in conjunction with JIRA 4.4.1. An update to JIRA is not due for a couple of months now. We acquired our license via the donation setup (that is now obsolete). Our license has expired and so as per instructed by support I have purchased through the Atlassian Marketplace the new license. I do not see how to put the new license in place. Going through the manage add-on route results in failed key. Given the age of the versions I am using please advise as to how I renew the license. Thank you.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stephan,

all Gantt-Chart versions prior to 2.x do not support the Atlassian Marketplace as it did not exist at time of publishing. Therefore, an Atlassian Marketplace License can only be used with 2.x

Please use Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 for JIRA 4.4.5, which should also be compatible to JIRA 4.4.1. Ensure, that the system plugin UPM is v2.7.7 (this has to match as indicated within the Gantt-Chart filename): http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-2.1.6-JIRA4.4.5-UPM2.7.7.jar

Regards,
Frank

How do I install a lower version of the UPM. I am currently running version 2.9.3, so trying to install 2.7.7 results in an error.

Hi Stephan I think doing the downgrade of all your products won't be the best solution. I'll recommend you to try to update all products and leave all in a stable a compatible version between them.

The only downgrade would be to UPM (from 2.9.3 to 2.7.7 to accommodate the prescribed Gantt version). JIRA would stay the same and Gantt would be updated to 2.1.6 per Frank. My alternative is to upgrade all which starts with JIRA. Our JIRA upgrade project is still a couple of months off. Upgrade of the JIRA solution as a whole to accommodate a 3rd party plugin license key is a bit hard to swallow.

Hi Stephan,

within my test envirionment, I have set up an old JIRA 4.4.1 having installed Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 and did an upgrade from UPM v2.7.7 to v2.9.3: it looks fine at a first glance inclusive successful configured Gantt-Chart addon.

Therefore, I recommend to do a full backup first, install Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 within your JIRA 4.4.1/UPM 2.9.3 and perform your own tests as environments can vary a lot. In case of any problem, you can restore form your prior backup.

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 13 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

66 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you