Failed to add new license key

drsmltalk May 2, 2013

We have the Gantt plugin version 1.6.11 running in conjunction with JIRA 4.4.1. An update to JIRA is not due for a couple of months now. We acquired our license via the donation setup (that is now obsolete). Our license has expired and so as per instructed by support I have purchased through the Atlassian Marketplace the new license. I do not see how to put the new license in place. Going through the manage add-on route results in failed key. Given the age of the versions I am using please advise as to how I renew the license. Thank you.

4 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi Stephan,

within my test envirionment, I have set up an old JIRA 4.4.1 having installed Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 and did an upgrade from UPM v2.7.7 to v2.9.3: it looks fine at a first glance inclusive successful configured Gantt-Chart addon.

Therefore, I recommend to do a full backup first, install Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 within your JIRA 4.4.1/UPM 2.9.3 and perform your own tests as environments can vary a lot. In case of any problem, you can restore form your prior backup.

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi Stephan I think doing the downgrade of all your products won't be the best solution. I'll recommend you to try to update all products and leave all in a stable a compatible version between them.

drsmltalk May 3, 2013

The only downgrade would be to UPM (from 2.9.3 to 2.7.7 to accommodate the prescribed Gantt version). JIRA would stay the same and Gantt would be updated to 2.1.6 per Frank. My alternative is to upgrade all which starts with JIRA. Our JIRA upgrade project is still a couple of months off. Upgrade of the JIRA solution as a whole to accommodate a 3rd party plugin license key is a bit hard to swallow.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Hi Stephan,

all Gantt-Chart versions prior to 2.x do not support the Atlassian Marketplace as it did not exist at time of publishing. Therefore, an Atlassian Marketplace License can only be used with 2.x

Please use Gantt-Chart v2.1.6 for JIRA 4.4.5, which should also be compatible to JIRA 4.4.1. Ensure, that the system plugin UPM is v2.7.7 (this has to match as indicated within the Gantt-Chart filename): http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-2.1.6-JIRA4.4.5-UPM2.7.7.jar

Regards,
Frank

drsmltalk May 2, 2013

How do I install a lower version of the UPM. I am currently running version 2.9.3, so trying to install 2.7.7 results in an error.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events