Exporting Project fails: No custom field found with an id of: customfield_xxxxx

Mark de Bont October 8, 2015

When performing an export I get a lot of lines with the following output:

For simplification I only pasted 1 line, but the format is the same for other projects

• [Project AFIVE] [Workflow scheme EhvDevelopment-HDcam] [Workflow EhvDevelopment-PickUp] [Translating custom field Id customfield_10101] No custom field found with an id of: customfield_10101

How can I correct these errors?

Running JIRA 6.4.4. with version 1.6 of Project configurator

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Hi Mark,

Oops, in my last comments I was still thinking about customfield_10101, that showed in the original question...

But no problem. I have seen your email at our support account, which supplies a lot of information wink

I think that the missing custom field is not shown in the validator edition screen, because this screen just ignores a custom field that it cannot find. You could fix it this way:

• Note down the fields you want to require in the transition
  • Remove the validator
  • Create a new validator in the same transition with the same required fields as before.

The idea is deleting the validator and creating a new one, instead of trying to fix the existing one. This should be a very fast operation.

Best regards!

Mark de Bont October 13, 2015

I've deleted the validation items and re-created this solved the problems (although there were a few). Thanks!

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2015

Hi Mark,

That message means that the workflow ("EhvDevelopment-PickUp") contains a reference to a custom field that does not exist any longer. This may have happened because the workflow was created when the custom field existed, but it was deleted later. The custom field might also have been disabled, if its type was defined in a plugin and the plugin was disabled or uninstalled.

If the custom field "disappeared" because its type was defined in a plugin that had been disabled or uninstalled, just re-enabling the plugin should bring the custom field back and solve the problem.

Otherwise, you can fix it removing the broken reference from the workflow. If the workflow does not have many transitions it is practical to look for the broken reference using the workflow editor in JIRA. If the worklow is quite large with many transitions, it could be more convenient to export it to XML, find the broken reference in the XML (i.e. finding out in which transition and in which condition, validator or post function the reference occurs) and then fix it in the editor in JIRA.

Best regards!

0 votes
Mark de Bont October 9, 2015

Exporting the workflow to XML made it a bit more clear.

I can now see easily see the validation part (as it is a complex workflow).

<validator name="" type="class">
          <arg name="hidFieldsList">customfield_12613@@customfield_12609@@assignee@@customfield_12608@@</arg>
          <arg name="class.name">com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator</arg>
        </validator>

However, I still have problems tracking down that specific custom field. I've executed the following URL, hoping that it would lead me to custom field but that doesn't work.

http://<JIRAURL>/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10101

When editing the workflow in JIRA , it only shows me 3 values and not the offending or missing one. So no chance to correct or remove the correct the custom field.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2015

Once you are seeing the XML in your favorite editor, use the search function to find all the occurrences of "customfield_10101", as that is the reference that caused the error. When you have found these references, note down where they are (transistion + condition/validator/post-function) and remove them in the workflow editor in JIRA. You need not find the custom field with id 10101 in JIRA. In fact, it is certain you will not find it because that custom field does not exist now. At best, it could still be in the database if it has been disabled beacuse its type was defined in a disabled plugin. You can check that with this SQL query: select * from customfield where id=10101 If that returns a record, it will show the type the custom field had, in the field "customfieldtypekey".

The workflow editor does not show me the obsolete customfield items. As a result I am unable to remove them I also queried the JIRA database but the referenced field entries are not there any more in table customfield.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2015

Hi Mark, Did you find the references in the XML workflow descriptor? In that case, could you paste here the section of the XML with the reference to the custom field? Otherwise, could you email the XML workflow descriptor to support at awnaba dot com? Regards,

Hi José, Below is snippet of the .XML file. The offending customfield = customfield_12608 which is not available in the JIRA database. <validators> <validator name="" type="class"> <arg name="hidFieldsList">customfield_12613@@customfield_12609@@assignee@@customfield_12608@@</arg> <arg name="class.name">com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator</arg> </validator> </validators>

I could not place an screenshot of the validation screen in JIRA. But will mail it to you via support at....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events