Export test steps to excel doesn't work in zephry for jira 1.7

Daniel Richardson April 24, 2013

we are trying out zephry for jira and with 1.6 we were able to export to excel with test steps. now with 1.7 the test steps are not exported to excel. I noticed that they are still exported to xml but not excel.

we are using jira 5.2.7 and zephry 1.7.1021

26 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2013

This issue has now been fixed in the newest release. Please upgrade to Zephyr 1.7.3! You will be able to export again.

Kind Regards,
Chris

1 vote
Lenka Gavlasova June 26, 2013

Hi Brian,

we have upgraded to Zephyr v1.7.3.1043 and our JIRA instance is v5.2.11 and export test steps works properly. By information from Emily it should works also with your version. Maybe try to check fields configuration and set up in administration.

For exporting the steps is necessary to chose option "Excel (All fields)".

Hope this helps,

Lenka

1 vote
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2013

Hi Everyeone,

Zephyr for JIRA 1.7.3.1043 has officially been released. The ability to export test steps was fixed. You can get the new version with the bug fix here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je

Kind Regards,

Emily

1 vote
ErikB May 28, 2013

You could try a sql query instead, as a temporary workaround until this issue is fixed. Here's what I use in lieu of the export regardless, as the export doesn't provide everything I need at this point. Obviously, some of the custom fields in my query won't apply to what you do and you will need to use the table prefixes for your installation of JIRA. You can then export the results to a CSV or XLS or whatever format your SQL tool (I use Squirrel) allows.

SELECT (SELECT stringvalue FROM customfieldvalue v
                    WHERE v.issue = i.ID
                    AND v.customfield = 10001) as "External ID",
(pkey || '.' || t."ORDER_ID"::text) AS "Test ID", summary as "Summary", t."STEP" as "Test Step", t."RESULT" as "Expected Result", 
(CASE   WHEN (r."STATUS" is null) THEN 'Untested'
        WHEN (r."STATUS" = '-1') THEN 'Untested'
        WHEN (r."STATUS" = '1') THEN 'Pass'
        WHEN (r."STATUS" = '2') THEN 'Fail'
        WHEN (r."STATUS" = '3') THEN 'WIP'
        WHEN (r."STATUS" = '4') THEN 'Blocked' 
    END)    as "Status"
FROM jiraissue i, "[your prefix here]_TESTSTEP" t
LEFT OUTER JOIN "[your prefix here]_STEP_RESULT" r ON t."ID" = r."STEP_ID"
WHERE i.id = t."ISSUE_ID"
AND t."ISSUE_ID" IN (SELECT "[your prefix here]_SCHEDULE"."ISSUE_ID" FROM "[your prefix here]_SCHEDULE", "[your prefix here]_CYCLE"
        WHERE "[your prefix here]_CYCLE"."ID" = "[your prefix here]_SCHEDULE"."CYCLE_ID"
        AND "[your prefix here]_CYCLE"."ID" = 6) 
AND t."ISSUE_ID" IN (SELECT issue FROM customfieldvalue where stringvalue IN('10080','10123'))
ORDER BY "External ID", i.pkey, t."ORDER_ID";

Lenka Gavlasova May 29, 2013

Hi ErikB,

thanks for the query! We need something what is working automatically anyway.

Lenka

0 votes
Liliia November 4, 2013

Thank you, Emily,

It works for me!

Waiting for new release!

Best regards,

Liliia

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

Hi Liliia,

You do not need to downgrade anything. You are running JIRA 6.0 which we are compatible with and you are also running the latest Zephyr for JIRA which is great. Currently we are not compatible with JIRA 6.1. However, we will be releasing Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 in about 4-6 weeks which will be compatible with JIRA 6.1. It is currently our highest priority and are hoping to have it out sooner.

What you are going to want to do is export from the 'Search Test Executions' location. In here you can search for test cases using a ZQL query and then export them out with their executions statuses and the test steps to many different formats. The formats we currently support to export too are XML, RSS, CSV, HTML and Excel.

Please read the documentation posted below. It will show you where to do this but also there is a link in the documentation that will take you to all the different ZQL queries you can do.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Search+Test+Executions

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Liliia October 30, 2013

Hello, Emily

I am using Jira v6.0.8#6109 and Zephyr for Jira v. 2.0.1.1426.

Please, advice do I need to downgrade jira or zephyr?

Thank you,

Liliia

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

Hi Liliia,

What version of Zephyr for JIRA are you currently using? Are you using 2.0.0.1416 or 2.0.1.1426? Also what version of JRIA are you running?

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Liliia October 29, 2013

Hi,

I have done what you adviced and exporting still does not work.

In addition durring test execurtion design for Defects and Comments fields is brocken.

I will try to install previous version.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

Hi Liliia,

Have you re indexed yoru JIRA and re indexed Zephyr in that order yet?

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Liliia October 29, 2013

Hello,

I am using Zephyr 2.0 and Jira v6.0.8 and none of exporting working with Steps.

We just updated our Jira, could you please advice?

Does enybody has the same problem?

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2013

Hi Brian,

Your current export is working as expected. We unfortunatlly do not yet have a way to export test step results, the area where you are looking.

You can export test steps when just looking at the testcases. To do so, produce a list of testcases. You can do so in the Issue Navigator by filtering on the issue type of Test or you can do so by clicking on the Test menu item and then selecting the "Search Tests" choice.

Here, you can go to Export and choose either Excel (All Fields) or Excel (Current Fields). If you choose current, you'll need to have already displayed the "Zephyr Teststep" column on your detailed list.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
BrianRTL June 26, 2013

Select a given project from Projects menu. Select Test Cycles from left hand menu. Select Export Tests from gear menu on right hand side of one of theTest Cycles.

"Cycle-[MyCycleName].csv CSV file is downloaded.

• Row 1 is "Project: [ProjectName]".
  • Row 2 is "Version: Unscheduled".
  • Row 3 is "Cycle: [MyCycleName]", "No Start Date set", "Build:", "Environment:"
  • Row 4 is "ID", "Status", "Summary", "Defects","Component", "Label","Executed by","Executed On", "Comment"
  • Rows 5 through 7 are different tests matchiing the fields listed in Row 4. Test Steps are not shown.

As I've just started with Zephyr this might be an error with how I've set things up (using defaults) as another poster suggested.

Thanks.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2013

Hi Brian,

Yes this should work. What are the steps are you using when you export?

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
BrianRTL June 26, 2013

Does this work for other folks? I have Zephyr Version 1.7.3.1043, with JIRA v6.0.3 and have not had any luck getting the actual steps to export.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Hi Lenka,

Yes the next release of Zephyr for JIRA will be compatible with JIRA versions 5 and 6. I advise you wait the few days for the next release to come out. You can roll back to Zephyr for JIRA 1.6 if you wish however we do not support rolling back. There is always a possibilty of data getting lost with this decision. However, if you wish to do it this way you can get any of our Zephyr for JIRA versions off of the Atlassian marketplace. You would need to uninstall your current version and re install the version you got off the marketplace. Also, make sure you make a backup of your data in the event something goes wrong.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Lenka Gavlasova May 30, 2013

Hi Emily,

will the next release be compatible with JIRA version 5.2.11? If not, could you pease advise how to roll back to previous Zephyr version 1.6.?

Thank you!

Lenka

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2013

Hi John,

If you upgraded to JIRA 6.0 then Zephyr for JIRA 1.6 will not work on JIRA 6.0. However, we will have the next release out with the bug fixed within the next few days.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
John Muller May 29, 2013

Hi,

Since this is taking a while to fix, would we lose any data if we roll back to 1.6.0? wWe also updated Jira to 6.0 and everything seems to be working there.

Thanks,

John

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Hello All,

The Dev team is working on a patch and and the new version will be out soon.

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2013

Hi all,

Currently there is not a solution to be able to export out test steps. However, our dev team is currently working on having the bug solved soon. We do not have a time frame on when the bug will be fixed however please stay tuned. They are working diligently on this now.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Hello all,

We were able to reproduce the inability to export the test steps in 1.7. We are currently looking into solving this.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Lenka Gavlasova May 28, 2013

Hi Emily,

we are impatiently waiting for update from you.

Thanks,

Lenka

0 votes
Lenka Gavlasova May 22, 2013

Hello,

we have the same issue - is there any simple solution?

Thanks,

Lenka

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Can you please supply the exact steps you are taking? I am trying to recreate what you explained and am unable too. However, you may be doing something a little different and if in fact there is an issue this is the most guarenteed way for me to re create it.

Kind Regards,

Emily <-- works at Zephyr :)

Daniel Richardson April 25, 2013

exact steps are:

got to issues nav, seach for tests

add the Zephry Test Steps Field

click view->excel(all fields) or view excel(current fields)

then excel opens with all of the jira data and none of the test steps

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the heads up. We'll check that out. Also, what build of Zephyr 1.7 are you using?

Kind Regards,

Chris

i don't have the minor version it's not displayed to me i'll try to get it for you.

version : 1.7.0.1021

0 votes
Daniel Richardson April 24, 2013

we are using jira 5.2.7 and zephry 1.7

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events