Export WBS Gantt-Chart to MS Project

lececere July 31, 2018

Hello,

We have a need to export some of our WBS Gantt-Charts to MS Project. I am seeing 2 problems - one with resource names and one with % complete. We are using WBS Gantt-Chart version 9.6.

Error on Resource Name

When I do that, I am getting an error if there is a resource assigned in Jira and the export appends '[1%]' to each resource name.

The error says "An import error occurred. The element <Name> in the <Resource> element with <UID> = 7 has invalid data." I get about 10 of these with different UIDs before the plan will export.

When I don't have resources assigned in Jira, I don't get the error, but the Resource Names column is populated the whole way down with '[1%]'

This is true for projects I originally imported into Jira from MS Project, as well as projects that were created in Jira.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Difference in % Complete

In the WBS Gantt-Chart, we are using the option of "Auto calculate percent done." When I export the plan to MS Project and turn on the % Complete or % Work Complete fields, I am getting different values than is in Jira.

Can you help me understand why the values would be different?

Thanks for your help!

Laurie

1 answer

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

Hi Laurie,

Is seem that this error occurs when you have [ ] at the assigned name since MS Project does not allow brackets symbol for resource name, so you may need to replace with another symbol at XML file.

In MS Project, a summary task percent completion rates are automatically calculated including the accumulated % completion of child tasks, and for that reason, it may appear different value than WBS Gantt-chart percent done.

I would recommend taking a look at this documentation page for more details information. Exporting to Microsoft Project 

I hope you find this useful. 

Best,

Jennifer,

Ricksoft

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events