Export TEMPO report with worklog attribute via custom excel template

Christian Schilling November 23, 2016

Dear Tempo Team,

I want to find a way to export TEMPO data using a different Excel template (which customize with pivot tables, etc.) to avoid redundant formatting work.

At the moment, I select the "Advanced" menu in TEMPO, then click on "Report" button on the right. The view includes a worklog attribute "Travel". Finally I click on "Export"->"Excel". Afterwards I format, edit, insert pivot tables, etc. in the downloaded file.

I am looking at ways to save me from doing the same work in Excel over and over again.

Question:

How can I export the worklogs (of one month, for example) including the worklog attributes into a customized Excel spreadsheet?

If this requires an additional plug-in such as Better Excel, please consider this as an option. At the moment I am evaluating this path, but I fail to export the worklog attributes.

Best regards,

Christian

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 5.03.08 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Werle [Decadis AG]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Hey,
we released an add-on "xPort - Custom Worklog Export for JIRA" on the Atlassian Marketplace including the following functions:

• Create individual templates using your own corporate identity with optional project information, formats and your own images
  • Export worklogs & JIRA project information instantly
  • Generate automated performance records for your employees
  • Send reports automatically via email (in predefined time frames)

Please click here for more information: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.decadis.jira.xport/server/overview or contact us directly via email to atlassian-marketplace(at)decadis(dot)de

With best regards

Nicolas Werle
(Decadis AG)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2016

Hi Christian,

It is not possible to customize the Excel export (which fields will be exported), but it might be possible for you to do this by using the Tempo servlet to export the worklogs. You can then import it to an Excel file that is based on your template. Please take a look at http://blog.tempo.io/2012/creating-excel-reports-using-high-level-permissions-api-export/ for more information. 

I am not sure if this is really an easier way to do the report you are looking for. You might consider looking at eazyBI Reports and Charts for JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira/server/overview). This plugin offers all kind of Reports that can be exported to .csv and excel, including Tempo data. I am not sure if the type of report you are looking for can be created with this plugin, but you might check it out.

Regards,

Susanne

Michael O. December 6, 2016

Is there a way to directly query that from the database using a SQL statement. I can see that the logged work would be queried from WORKLOG, but where would one find the worklog attributes, like TRAVEL ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events