Execution test cases using Zephyr plug-in

Eric Manfredi January 2, 2014

Hi,

I have installed the trial version of Zephyr and had a few questions about some of its functionlity. We are try to see if this plug-in can be used to replace our existing test management tool.

1)When step/s are passed/failed, the overall execution status does not change - you must manually change the field. Is this a bug?

2) If I try to re-run a test case for a different test cycle, the pass/fail for each of the steps have their step status set to the previous run. I was expected these to be set to 'UNEXECUTED'

Thanks,
Eric

1 answer

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Hi Eric,

I am going to answer your questions inline below:

1)When step/s are passed/failed, the overall execution status does not change - you must manually change the field. Is this a bug?

Zephyr - When you change all the test steps to Pass or all the test steps Fail etc, Zephyr for JIRA will prompt you to change the execution status of the test step to Pass or Fail etc. However, if you pass the first two test steps and fail the third, you will need to manually change the execution status of the test case to fail.

You can read more about the execution process here: https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Executing+in+Test+Cycles

2) If I try to re-run a test case for a different test cycle, the pass/fail for each of the steps have their step status set to the previous run. I was expected these to be set to 'UNEXECUTED'

Zephyr - Can you please supply us with a step by step on how you are adding the test case to another cycle?

When you copy a test cycle the test cases will be reset to unexecuted. If you are using the Zephyr Search Test Executions, searching for the test cases using ZQL and adding them to a cycle this way, you will want to make sure you check "Clear Execution Statuses". If you uncheck it, it will move the tests with the current execution statuses.

For more information about using the Search Test Executions Page: https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Search+Test+Executions

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events