Execution test cases using Zephyr plug-in

Hi,

I have installed the trial version of Zephyr and had a few questions about some of its functionlity. We are try to see if this plug-in can be used to replace our existing test management tool.

1)When step/s are passed/failed, the overall execution status does not change - you must manually change the field. Is this a bug?

2) If I try to re-run a test case for a different test cycle, the pass/fail for each of the steps have their step status set to the previous run. I was expected these to be set to 'UNEXECUTED'

Thanks,
Eric

1 answer

Hi Eric,

I am going to answer your questions inline below:

1)When step/s are passed/failed, the overall execution status does not change - you must manually change the field. Is this a bug?

Zephyr - When you change all the test steps to Pass or all the test steps Fail etc, Zephyr for JIRA will prompt you to change the execution status of the test step to Pass or Fail etc. However, if you pass the first two test steps and fail the third, you will need to manually change the execution status of the test case to fail.

You can read more about the execution process here: https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Executing+in+Test+Cycles

2) If I try to re-run a test case for a different test cycle, the pass/fail for each of the steps have their step status set to the previous run. I was expected these to be set to 'UNEXECUTED'

Zephyr - Can you please supply us with a step by step on how you are adding the test case to another cycle?

When you copy a test cycle the test cases will be reset to unexecuted. If you are using the Zephyr Search Test Executions, searching for the test cases using ZQL and adding them to a cycle this way, you will want to make sure you check "Clear Execution Statuses". If you uncheck it, it will move the tests with the current execution statuses.

For more information about using the Search Test Executions Page: https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Search+Test+Executions

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

165 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you