Exclude newly created issues in eazyBI calculated measure

Nicole Murphy February 14, 2018

I am trying to create a table that shows me, per quarter, how many issues got transitioned to Priority 'High'. I am able to do that using

CASE WHEN(([Measures].[Transitions to], [Transition Field].[Priority])-
([Measures].[Transitions from], [Transition Field].[Priority])) > 0
THEN
Aggregate(([Measures].[Transitions to], [Transition Field].[Priority]))
END 

although I'm not 100% sure that's exactly what I'm looking for. Here are the problems I'm running into: 

• The rows include issues that were created with High Priority, not just the existing ones that got moved. I don't want the newly created issues. 
  • I want to see only issues that wound up in Priority High at the end of the period (quarter). For example if someone moved an issue to Priority High and then moved it back down to Priority Medium, I don't want to include that. 
  • I just want the distinct count of issues that were "upgraded" to Priority High, not the number of transitions that happened in the period. 

I created several different measures that I'm using together but at this point I don't think any of them are correct. Is anyone able to help? 

1 answer

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

Hi Nicole,

The solution for your case is to use the Issues History measure. It works with the Priority and Time dimension and can show the amount of the Issues with the selected priority at the end of the period chosen.

You can create a report like in the attached screenshot (I used months in the Time dimension):
Issues history Priority.png

However, the Issues history measure cannot distinguish if the issue has the Priority from the birth, or have the transition later. A new custom calculation should fix that:

nonzero(count(
Filter (Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
IsEmpty(([Measures].[Issues history],
[Time].[Day].DateMember(DateParse([Issue].CurrenthierarchyMember.get('Created at'))),
[Priority].[High]))
and
([Measures].[Issues history],
[Priority].[High])>0
)))

This measure is designed to work also without the use of Priority dimension in the report, so, please note to check if the correct Priority name is used in the code.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events