Exception seen when tried to look at 'Issue -> History': Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel'

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

[jira.plugin.issuetabpanel.IssueTabPanelInvokerImpl] Exception thrown while trying to call getActions() for com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel (Display issue change histories)

2 answers

0 votes
Matti Popesku May 20, 2015

I had the same exception after updating Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager from 2.18.4 to 2.18.5.
After a restart the exception disappears and you will see the history entries.

DOGA ISTER October 14, 2016

Didn't work for me

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Do you have more logs? There is normally a "caused by" clause somewhere.

Is it happening to all users? all issues? or just for one specific scenario?

Was this issue moved or cloned? What version are you using? Did you upgraded jira recently?

Maybe you should do some queries against the database and check if there is indeed a history for this issue or not.

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

Yes, I do. It is happening for all users and all issues. Our Jira version is 5.0.4. I have updated UPM recently. I have checked the history on lots of other issues which I am aware that the history exists.

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

Maybe you want to run Hercules to see if he finds a KB.

Go to <your JIRA url>/plugins/servlet/stp/view/ and click the third tab. Rather than that, I would first try to reindex JIRA, restart it, try to rebuild the indexes as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Rebuild+JIRA+Index

But it all depends how much you want to try by yourself before contacting Atlassian Support. I'm pretty sure they know this problem already.

Try Hercules and if he doesn't find anything, open a support request with Atlassian.

Or, paste the whole exception in your logs here, maybe will click something.

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

Luzia,

I had an update of UPM which when updated broke the Activity>History. I removed the upm jar file from the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory and restarted the server. That solved the problem.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2012

That's quite strange :( UPM does not anything to do with issue history.

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Not sure, Renjith. I have raised the same issue with Atlassian Support and they mentioned that the Field Security plugin is also incompatible with the latest UPM version. Whatever might be the reason, after uninstalling the update, I no longer see the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events