Exception in user timesheet when user was deleted [Was: You have a bug]

Knowlogic May 9, 2013

I'm trying to get this to the Tempo people ... hope it makes it.

I tried to put this in your (Tempo) bug reporting project but ... Please see JST-64152.

TO repeat it says:

When on the Tempo page as 'Users' my personal tempo timesheet comes right up. I am an administrator and I want to see other users' timesheet, when I click on the drop down menu a pop displays "The JIRA server was contacted but has returned and error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation." After clicking Ok to close the pop-up the drop down show the spinning circle like it is working on getting the data.

'Project' works ok.

'Team' goes BOOM full stack display (links on the page are broken) when selected

- oh that reminds me I deleted a user in JIRA an they are on a Tempo team, when I removed the "undefined" user from the Tempo Team everything works.

Might want to let Tempo people know.

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Knowlogic May 13, 2013

This issue was answered and entered into the JTMPO project.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Ok, edited.

0 votes
Benedikt Bjarni Bogason [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Hi Knowlogic

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have created a bug report in Tempo's bug tracker: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-773

Feel free to watch it for updates. Glad that you figured out a workaround to this problem.

Cheers,

Benedikt, Tempo Team

0 votes
Knowlogic May 9, 2013

Also sorry I don't know how to edit the title.

0 votes
Knowlogic May 9, 2013

Radu yes you are absolutely correct. This is what happens when I submit the bug to JIRA and they tell me to tell Tempo, and I try to do that but was unable to login in to any Tempo bug system.

I did find the fix for my problem while writing the JIRA bug, and lost the stack trace as a result. So unless I go back and recreate the problem no stack trace. But hopefully of Tempo ever see this they can recreate the problem and delete the person from the team automagically when deleted from Tempo (or at least handle the situation).

Knowlogic May 9, 2013

... deleted from JIRA ...

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Yup, I almost edit the question too... Specially because it isn't clear if he resolved it or not...

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

I wanted to edit your question, but I think I will let you do it. The title is not very helpful (we all have at least a bug, btw). It would be better to report is as "Exception in user timesheet when user was deleted" or something.

BOOM may be funny for some tastes but it is more useful to put in the stacktrace.

0 votes
Petur Agustsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Hi Ramiro,

You can open a ticket in our support JIRA https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTS

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2013

Hi, the two last paragraphs are the answer for this question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events