Excel template error

Sheena Mclennan July 7, 2017

Hi all, 

I've got JIRA Automation working with Excel Automation Plugin for JIRA. I uploaded a template and set up a rule to attach it to an issue when it changed status. This worked brilliantly until I chnaged the template. Now I get 

Oops! Something went wrong while rendering your Excel spreadsheet.

net.sf.jett.exception.TagParseException: Matching tag not found for tag: <DELETED>, located at ECN template!I11, within block Block: left=0, right=21, top=0, bottom=55, direction=NONE 

When I tried to go back to the old tmeplate which worked previously, I still get this error. 

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Hi Sheena,

The error message basically means that you have a string <DELETED> in some cell, that the renderer detects as tag due to the brackets. Tags are control statements for the Excel renderer. For each opening tag, there should be a corresponding </DELETED> tag present, but this is missing in your template.

I guess you are using the string as some sort of marker.

If that's case, I think that the easiest solution is that you use some other "syntax" like "(DELETED)" which will be not recognized as tag.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events