Excel export not showing the hierachy?

Adam Wignall February 5, 2013

Hi,

Its great that version 1.9.0 of the plugin now exports to Excel however it seems to be a flat export of all the issues without showing the hierachy. I would expect it to be formattted to show in one column the parent with all the linked issue refernces in the next column so I can see if a requirement is covered by tests from something like Zephyr for example.

Am i missing some configuration in the excel export that will allow me to get to this stage?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Where are you exporting from?

The export feature is available from two location groups:

1) The Project Version report -> export the flat table of the report

2) The rest (JIRA issue page, GreenHopper Plan Board) -> exports the hierarchy of the issue

If you want to export a single issue from the Version Report view, you have to open that issue on JIRA (by clicking on the issue key) and then export it from there.

Hope this helps.

Pablo

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

The mentined above describes how the plug-in works at the present. So, I guess you want to explore the full Version report in an hierarchical way from Excel, right? That is not currently supported, but it's feasible in next releases.

Adam Wignall February 5, 2013

Hi Pablo,

You are exactly right ideally I would like to be able to report on all issues in the version report as you can from Greenhopper for an individual issue. Also would be good to have the link description as a column or be able to configure the columns required.

Also rather than version report would also be good to be able to configure a project report from an issue filter or project.

Thanks,

Adam

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2013

I would like to be able to report on all issues in the version report

The 1.10 version exports reports by preserving the hierachy (moreover the flat list).

Also would be good to have the link description as a column or be able to configure the columns required.

Not yet supported :(

Also rather than version report would also be good to be able to configure a project report from an issue filter or project.

The 1.10.0 version supports new reports for issue filters! (Project > Reports > Filter Hierarchy Structure Report)

Adam Wignall February 11, 2013

Also I would add a vote for being able to configure the columns of the export if it is on your back log.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam Wignall February 11, 2013

Hi Pablo,

THis is now looking much better. However when I use the Project report using the new filters I don't seem to be able to change what is displayed using the inward and outward toggle options. THis would seem to be a bug? No matter what combination of Inward and Outward options I use I get the same output.

Thanks,
Adam

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

THis is now looking much better

Absolutely, but as the rows cannot be sorted in Excel because it would provide random structures, the flat list is also very useful to find the issues as they can be sorted by key or any available field.

Project report using the new filters I don't seem to be able to change what is displayed using the inward and outward toggle options. THis would seem to be a bug? No matter what combination of Inward and Outward options I use I get the same output.

Strictly, it is not a bug because it was an inital design goal. A message about this issue is displayed just at the bottom of the table. However, filters on the table (hence applied on the Excel report too) will be supported in the next release.

Also I would add a vote for being able to configure the columns of the export if it is on your back log.

I'll also look at this. Depending on the required effort it might be supported in the next release. If not, it probably will be within two releases.

Adam Wignall February 12, 2013

Thanks Pablo. Sounds like it is going in the right direction I look forward to the future versions.

Thanks,

Adam

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2013

Hi Adam,

The 1.10.7 version applies the filters on the report tables too. In general, this version improves the users experience by providing more consistency displaying data on report tables, issue hierarchies and Excel files.

Pablo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events