Excel Automation for JIRA sending multiple emails

Jenifer Kuntz August 23, 2017

I am using this add-on along with Better Excel and Automation for JIRA to send an email when A specified JQL has results.  The automation is working and finding 3 issues but instead of sending one email with the spreadsheet having 3 issues, it is sending 3 emails and each spreadsheet having 1 issue.

Any idea why this would be happening?

We are using this template - issue-navigator.xlsx

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Hi Jenifer, I'm one of the developers of the Excel Automation Plugin.what are the add-on version you are using here?

What are the add-on version you are using here?

(There was a bug in Automation (not in Excel Automation) previously that was exactly like you described. But that was fixed many weeks ago.)

Jenifer Kuntz August 24, 2017

Hi Aron,

For the Automation add-on it is 3.3.15, looks like the current is 3.3.19.

For Excel Automation it is 3.0.1

I will upgrade and see if that works. 

Thank you!

Jenifer Kuntz August 29, 2017

We have updated Automation to the current version and also tried to restart and still have the same issue.  Any other thoughts.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Jenifer, please open a ticket in our support system at: https://midori.zendesk.com

We may need to ask for confidential information while resolving the problem, and you probably don't want to share that here.

Tasneem Bhyat September 3, 2019

hi there

I am having the same issue. Please advise if there is a fix please

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

(If you are using Automation 3.0.0 or newer, then expand the More options section and check the Process all issues produced by this trigger in bulk checkbox. Otherwise, there will be a separate email sent for each issue.)

See: https://midori-global.com/products/better-excel-automation-for-jira/data-center/documentation/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events