Events notifiy event creator?

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

How to prevent event notification being sent to the address which created the event?

Example:

1. non-user sends email which creates issue
  2. user adds comment and causes:
    1. non-user notified of new comment (Great!)
    2. user notified of new comment (NOT GOOD)
  3. non-user replies to email (2.1) which causes
    1. non-user notified of new comment (NOT GOOD)
    2. user notified of new comment (Good!)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 27, 2013

Is the 2.2 notification email sent by JETI or JIRA?

If by JETI, how is your JETI notification scheme set up for the Issue Commented event?

In this case, please follow the below improvement issue on JETI that addresses this: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-35

If by JIRA, then probably your user has "Notify me on my changes" option turned on.

I have also created another improvement that addresses 3.1: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-36

Thank you for your feedback on this.

Tibor

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

I am ONLY using JETI for notifications (too complicated to 'weave' the two systems notification schemes togther).

I suspect JETI-35 is what is needed in this case.

FYI, I have the 'commented' event setup for:
Recipients to: Assignee, Watchers, Custom Email Field (to ensure all stakeholders notified of change)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events