Errors on Field validation in workflow

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

There are huge errors when requiring fields in workflows. This seems to be directly related to the Jira Suite Utilities plugin since it is using that class for that validation for the fields causing issues.

I have attached both the XML for one of the workflows and the dump from the logs for the error.

Let me know if any other information is needed. Thanks.

(SuiteUtilitiesError.log) (ETS.xml.txt)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

I see what you need now. Have a look at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40838/how-to-avoid-invalidinputexception-stacktrace-in-log-using-custom-validators

It is JIRA who is printing the error to logs and plugins cannot handle it.

0 votes
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

That is just the way the plugin has been implemented. Sometimes it is really important to know what happens during a transaction. Apart of your use case, where the error simply reports what you expect, input for a given field is missing, in most cases it is there to tell us that the admin misconfigured something.

Please have a look at the link below, you may file a new issue, like an improvement, to no longer print out the whole stack trace to the log, but instead only the really important information:

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/browse/JSUTIL

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Comes from JSU plugin but because there is a required field configuration on the "Close" operation for "Time Spent". Either you remove it or log some time before closing.

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

I understand that it is requiring the field, however, i don't agree that if someone didn't fill in that field, there should be 169 lines written to my logs. The problem i am reporting is that this is throwing an error and stack trace into my logs for correct functionality.

I would like to know how to keep using the plugin, while also keeping my logs clean. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events