Error when attempting to do gvfs clone with BitBucket Server and GVFS plugin

Erik Burton October 30, 2017

I've installed BitBucket server trial on an AWS vm. The vm is inside our network and has full access to all resources required. I have followed all of the setup instructions for GVFS available on that GitHub (https://github.com/Microsoft/GVFS). I can do a normal git clone of this repo, so I'm fairly certain there is no issue with the actual repo, but I keep getting the same error when trying to do a gvfs clone command: 

C:\Repos\Test2>gvfs clone <my remote repo address> .
Clone parameters:
Repo URL: <my remote repo address>
Cache Server: Default
Destination: C:\Repos\Test2
Authenticating...Succeeded
Querying remote for config...Succeeded
Cannot clone @ C:\Repos\Test2: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at GVFS.Common.Http.CacheServerResolver.TryResolveUrlFromRemote(String cacheServerName, GVFSConfig gvfsConfig, CacheS
erverInfo& cacheServer, String& error) in C:\Repos\GVFS\src\GVFS\GVFS.Common\Http\CacheServerResolver.cs:line 59
at GVFS.CommandLine.GVFSVerb.ResolveCacheServerUrlIfNeeded(ITracer tracer, CacheServerInfo cacheServer, CacheServerRe
solver cacheServerResolver, GVFSConfig gvfsConfig) in C:\Repos\GVFS\src\GVFS\GVFS\CommandLine\GVFSVerb.cs:line 307
at GVFS.CommandLine.CloneVerb.Execute() in C:\Repos\GVFS\src\GVFS\GVFS\CommandLine\CloneVerb.cs:line 134

It appears to connect and authenticate just fine, but when it actually does the query for the clone operation it barfs. After debugging the local GVFS code (and based on the error above), the error seems to indicate that a null value is being referenced where it expects an enum, but it doesn't appear to be coming from the GVFS code. I think this may be originating from the BitBucket GVFS plugin. 

Any help you can provide to help me get this up and running before Friday (11/3/17) would be very much appreciated. I have a tight window on this POC for security reasons and must destroy my test vm by Friday. Maybe we can solve a bug with the current GVFS plugin and make it better for everyone else. =)  Or maybe I'm missing something silly.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
ssammiti January 29, 2018

We are facing this problem still now.

Any update on the solution please?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events