Error message: "Could not load Validator class" after installing and enabling a feature of the Misc Workflow Extentions plugin

motherg February 10, 2013

Erugh, this is really annoying.

We've just installed the Misc Workflow Extensions plugin so that we could make comments mandatory on certain steps of the workflow.

I've set it all up correctly I think (the documentation is poor but then the action is fairly simple, you just enable it and put a custom error message in). The problem is, whenever I try and transition through any of the steps of the workflow that where this Validator is present I see this error:

Any ideas on fixing this? I'm fresh out. We're running JIRA 5.1.5

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hey there.

I believe that you might have bumped into a known issue. Can you please review the following Knowledge Base Article to see if it helps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Cannot+Create+Issues+due+to+'Could+not+load+validator'+class+Errors

Check whether you have the compatible version and contact the plugin vendor if the issue continues to persist. Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

motherg February 11, 2013

Cheers Danial, that looks about right to me - bit of a bugger because we can't install JIRA Suite Utilities due to our server configuration.

HOWEVER - this is great to know and another string in the bow to get our hosting solution sorted out.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hey there again.

You are most welcome. Good to know that you are planning on moving to OnDemand since you know that everything is pretty much taken care of from the Atlassian side itself.

Warm regards,

Danial

motherg February 11, 2013

That's not actually what I meant - we were using OnDemand but it is much cheaper to host it on our own stack, we just need to address some configuration issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events