Error issue is out of sync

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hey,

I constantly see this errors in the log file:

2017-12-26 09:01:22,530 http-nio-8080-exec-8 WARN jordan.d 541x1844878x1 zc6g9 172.25.8.11,127.0.0.1 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [c.b.j.event.issue.FixWatcherCounterListener] Watcher count for issue 'DEV-24764' is out of sync. Updating from '16' to '15'.

Does anyone know what that means?

It's happen on create transition + I have a simple post function script for adding watcher  

groupManager.getUsersInGroup(dynamicGroup).each {
watcherManager.startWatching(it, issue);
}

Any idea? the script works great 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2018

Hey, @Martina Riedel

My problem was with "JIRA Watcher Field" add-on.

This is the vendor response:

Actually, this is not an error. That message is notifying you that the plugin is fixing an issue caused by the way Jira records issue watchers. Jira maintains a counter of the number of watchers on an issue and it's possible for that number to become out of sync if, say, someone is using the auto watch feature. Details on the bug can be found in issue #44 and issue #48. So yea, it's safe to ignore that message.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Kind Regards,

Ray

Tonya Mcneal-jones May 18, 2022

Hello, I am getting the Out of synch error. However, its with adding tests to Test Plan or Test Set. Unfortunately, I can't ignore it because it won't allow adding tests to the either.

1 vote
Martina Riedel
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2018

I see it too and I think it is a workaroud for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-45574 .

I definitely don't have the bug, I can remove the watchers I added via post function from the GUI.

Not sure what added it, but I'm happy it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events