Error installing project category add-on for Stash: "An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the logs for more information."

The error message instructs the user to “Please refer to the logs for more information”. I assume this means install logs? I have not been able to find any logs associated with the install. Can you direct me to the install logs? Or can you give me a wildcard file name that I can use to search for the install logs?

Attempting to add a category to any of our projects causes Stash to throw the following an error.

5(skull and crossbones)0

Oops, an error occurred

Please see your system administrator.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The above installation error was reported to the plug-ins’ developer, Communardo Labs (Communardo Software GmbH). The developer quickly investigated the error and found that it was an index creation error which is limited to Stash environments using Oracle as the repository database. The installation was attempting to create 2 different indexes on the same set of columns. Oracle does not allow multiple indexes on the same set of columns.

The developer has now fixed this bug and released version 0.2.3 of the plug-in. I have tested the new version of the plug-in and confirmed that the install now completes without incident.

"Please refer to the logs for more information" refers to the <STASH_HOME>/log/atlassian-stash.log. You should be able to find a more detailed error, including stacktrace there.

Thanks so much for the information. I now have the stack trace from the failed install for the project category plug-in. What is the process for sending Altassian something like this stacktrace so that it can be investigated?

Hi Mark,

Feel free to open a support case on http://support.atlassian.com. My guess is that there's a compatibility issue, although the plugin is marked on marketplace as being compatible with a wide range of Stash versions. We'll need to see the stacktraces to be sure though.

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

539 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you